Aimed at beginners, this qualification provides an introduction to computerised accounting software, double-entry bookkeeping and banking procedures.
Jointly developed by Sage UK in partnership with Skillsfirst, this RQF Accredited Qualification could help you to become a bookkeeper, a purchase ledger clerk or a credit controller.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will study four mandatory units which give you an excellent start in bookkeeping and accounting:
- Using a computerised accounting application
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Working with bookkeeping
- Banking procedures
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50 Accounts Professional software for six months (RRP £1,300)
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test activities, videos and tutorials
- Practice simulations if you want to undertake some further exercises
- Formative and summative testing that can be done in your own time at your own home
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
How long will it take?
This course usually requires 33 hours of study. You could do this in 4-5 weeks if you wanted to study one day per week. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete four mandatory units and earn nine credits to gain certification. To achieve these credits, you will complete self-assessments and practice tests, followed by final online assessments which can be undertaken in your own home at a time of your choice.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a Computerised Accounting for Business Qualification and certification at Level One from Sage UK and Skillsfirst.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Skillsfirst RQF Computerised Accounting for Business Level 2 Qualification.