These course notes have been created to supply you with the learning materials necessary to complete the Bookkeeping Controls unit of the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
You can use these notes to study this unit as a self-study distance learning student or you can use the notes as additional learning materials where you are studying with a provider.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Study notes to support the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the Bookkeeping Controls unit of the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test exercises and model answers
- Practice tests to check your knowledge and understanding of the subjects covered in the workbook.
- Additional study information
- Study unit completed certificate
What is the study mode?
This is a self-study course. All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
This course will also give you an excellent grounding in double entry bookkeeping and is suitable for anyone studying a manual accounting course or wanting to know more about bookkeeping controls.
This course could help you on the journey to become a bookkeeper, a purchase ledger clerk or a credit controller. These study notes would also greatly benefit owners of small businesses who use computerised accounting software.
How long will it take?
These study notes will usually require 25 - 40 hours of study to complete, depending on individual ability. You have access to the portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete the self-study workbook and all the self-test exercises. You can then take the formative test to complete the unit and receive the study unit completed certificate.
What do you receive at the end of the unit?
Upon completion, you will have access to a study unit complete certificate. This notes that you have studied the Bookkeeping Controls study unit and passed the end of unit test.
You will need to compete the online assessment provided by AAT to pass the unit for the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting qualification.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the other study notes available in this range.
Universities, Private Providers, Offender Learning, Retail