These course notes have been created to supply you with the learning materials necessary to complete the Working Effectively in Finance unit of the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting. These course notes also include a pratice Synpotic Assessment for you to complete.
You can use these notes to study this unit as a self-study distance learning student or you can use the notes as additional learning materials where you are studying with a provider.
We recommend that you do not undertake this course unless you have previously studied the units below
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
- Understand the finance function within an organisation
- Use personal skills development in finance
- Produce work effectively
- Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
- Practice Synoptic Assessment
You can download the Working Effectively in Finance course contents here and the Synoptic Assessment course contents can be downloaded here
What do you get?
- Study notes to support the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the Working in Finance unit of the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
- A practice Synoptic Assessment for you to undertake
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test exercises and model answers
- Practice tests to check your knowledge and understanding of the subjects covered in the workbook.
- Additional study information
- Study unit completed certificate
What is the study mode?
This is a self-study course. All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
This course will also give you an excellent grounding for working in finance and is suitable for anyone studying a manual accounting course or wanting to know more about working effectively in finance.
This course could help you on the journey to become a bookkeeper, a purchase ledger clerk or a credit controller. These study notes would also greatly benefit owners of small businesses who use computerised accounting software.
How long will it take?
These study notes will usually require 25 - 40 hours of study to complete, depending on individual ability. You have access to the portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete the self-study workbook and all the self-test exercises. You can then take the formative test to complete the unit. You should then move forward to the Synoptic Assessment and complete that unit to finalise the study units and receive the study unit completed certificate.
What do you receive at the end of the unit?
Upon completion, you will have access to a study unit complete certificate. This notes that you have studied the Working in Finance study unit and passed the end of unit test along with the Synoptic Assessment.
You will need to compete the online assessments provided by AAT to pass the unit for the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting qualification.
What could you do after this course?
You may want to progress to the Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software.
Study Notes for AAT