The level 3 diploma in Computerised Finance for Business deals with more advanced knowledge and skills relating to the management of accounts. It includes preparing VAT returns, final accounts for sole traders and the principles of preparing budgets and forecasts. This course also gives you the skills for running payrolls, employment legislation and all the knowledge required to prepare and process weekly and monthly payroll periods. Jointly developed by Sage UK in partnership with Skillsfirst, this RQF Accredited Qualification will give you the more advanced skills required to be the bookkeeper for a small firm or within an accounts department.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, and there are occasions that the email may go into your junk folder. If you do not recieve an email from us please let us know via the contact form on our website.
What subjects are covered?
You will study ten comprehensive mandatory units which give you an advanced understanding and comprehensive skills in bookkeeping, accounting and payroll
- Responsibilities of a finance professional
- Principles of accounting concepts
- Prepare and complete a VAT return
- Standard and advanced budgeting using a computerised accounting package
- Using computerised accounting software
- Fundamentals for employment legislation for payroll
- Computerised payroll theory
- Computerised payroll skills
You can download the course contents here
New Innovative Automarker™
This course uses our innovative Data Automarker to give you feedback as you progress through the course.
What do you get?
- Access to Sage Business Cloud Accounting software for six months - extensions to the software are available for a small extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test activities, videos and tutorials.
- Practice simulations if you want to undertake some further exercises.
- Formative and summative testing that can be done in your own time at your own home.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online by Sage Qualifications as a self-study course and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference. You will be enrolled onto the course by Sage Qualifications Ltd, who will be your course provider and is responsible for registering you with Skillsfirst Award Ltd.
How long will it take?
This course usually requires six months of study as it is a large qualification. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete the twelvel mandatory units to gain certification. To complete these units, you will complete self-assessments and practice tests, followed by final online assessments which can be undertaken in your own home at a time of your choice.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a Computerised Finance for Business Diploma and certification at Level Three from Sage UK and Skillsfirst.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to move on to the Sage Level Three Payroll course using Sage Business Cloud software.
Contact us if you have any queries or questions regarding your course using the contact us form on our about us page.
Accredited Qualifications, Sage Business Cloud Product Training
FE & Apprenticeships, Private Providers, Offender Learning, Retail, Military