The qualification also helps learners understand the importance of security and confidentiality in performing any payroll task and covers the vital under pinning manual payroll theory and knowledge of how PAYE, NIC and other statutory additions and deductions are calculated.
Jointly developed by Sage UK in partnership with Skillsfirst, this RQF Accredited Qualification could help you to become a Payroll Administrator, Assistant Accountant Payroll Supervisor or in another similar job role.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, and there are occasions that the email may go into your junk folder. If you do not recieve an email from us please let us know via the contact form on our website.
What subjects are covered?
You will study nine mandatory units combined into two units, a knoweldge unit and a skills unit. These two units enable to you comprehensively control and run an organisation’s payroll and include:
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Statutory Maternity Pay
- Pension Schemes
- Calculation of gross pay and net pay
- Attachment of earnings orders
- Computerised payroll theory and skills
- Spreadsheet software
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage Business Cloud Payroll software for six months - extensions to the software are available for a small extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test activities, videos and tutorials.
- Practice simulations if you want to undertake some further exercises.
- Formative and summative testing that can be done in your own time at your own home.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online by Sage Qualifications as a self-study course and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference. You will be enrolled onto the course by Sage Qualifications Ltd, who will be your course provider and is responsible for registering you with Skillsfirst Award Ltd.
How long will it take?
This course usually requires 100 hours of study depending on individual ability. You could do this in 14 weeks if you wanted to study one day per week. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete nine mandatory units and earn twenty-three credits to gain certification. To achieve these credits, you will complete self-assessments and practice tests, followed by final online assessments which can be undertaken in your own home at a time of your choice.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a Computerised Payroll for Business Qualification and certification at Level Two from Sage UK and Skillsfirst.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Skillsfirst RQF Computerised Accounting for Business Qualifications.
Contact us if you have any queries or questions regarding your course using the contact us form on our about us page.
Accredited Qualifications, Sage Business Cloud Product Training
FE & Apprenticeships, Private Providers, Offender Learning, Retail, Military