This course is ideal for people who have completed the Computerised Payroll Level 1 qualification or who have some understanding of payroll functions and want to learn how to complete more advanced tasks, such as calculating statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay and pension schemes, and more.
Sage have developed the course to give you the most up to date skills required by employers, or learn how to run the payroll system for your own business. This will save time and money, particularly if payroll tasks are usually outsourced to an accountant.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Set up company accounts, generate employee records and complete basic daily payroll functions
- Calculate gross pay and process real-time information payments, as well as statutory sick, maternity and holiday pay
- Process automatic pension enrolment including opt out
- Amend errors in the payroll including correction of the FPS
- Year end processing
- Create reports for HMRC and calculate the cost of wages
- The EPS - employer payment summary
- Data security and software management
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50c Payroll software for six months - extentsions are available for a small extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference.
How long will it take?
The course usually requires six hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50c Payroll Level 2 Certificate.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Payroll Level 3 Course, or complete an RQF Regulated Accredited Qualification. Please ask us for more information.
Sage Product Training
Universities, FE & Apprenticeships, Private Providers, Offender Learning, Retail, Military