This course is a progression from level two and is not suited to beginners. This course is also suitable for people who have used Sage for several years and are experienced users.
At Level three you will learn how to set up accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, you will undertake Month End and Year End Processes as well as deal with Accruals and Prepayments and set up a Fixed Asset Register to process depreciation. You will also learn how to keep accounts for Not for Profit Organisations including Charities.
All our courses come with a Free Making Tax Digital course.
The course covers the more advanced functions in accountancy of VAT returns and the government gateway, stock control, year-end processes, accruals and prepayments, and final accounts for sole traders, charities and partnerships.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Control and produce month end and year end reports including accruals and prepayments, fixed assets, depreciation and yearend adjustments.
- Understand how to control stock, work in progress and finished goods
- Prepare VAT Returns and understand how to submit returns online directly from the software via Government Gateway
- Undertake the more advanced principles of preparing financial statements for sole traders and partnerships
- Process and prepare accounts for not for profit organisations
- Export reports and data to spreadsheets
- Understand how to protect your data with access rights and usernames
You can download a copy of the contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50cloud Professional 2019 software and materials for six months
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations with a case study assessment
What is the study mode?
This is a self-study course. All course materials and activities are provided online with videos, downloadable files, tasks and self-test activities that build upon each other. The materials can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
How long will it take?
The course usually requires eight hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online case study assessment.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded the Sage Level 3 Sage 50cloud Professional Certificate supported by AAT
Sage software is not compatible with Windows XP or Apple Macs - unless you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp utility. There is a link to further technical requirements for this software: https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help/askarticle.aspx?articleid=13689
Sage supported by AAT
Universities, FE & Apprenticeships, Private Providers, Retail