Designed for people who are new to payroll, the course covers all of the basic functions, from setting up the company details, to processing payrolls and producing reports.
Sage have developed the course to give you the most up to date skills required by employers, or learn how to run the payroll system for your own business.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Set up the company details and enter employee records
- Calculate gross pay
- Produce payslips and end-of-period payroll reports for HMRC
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50 Payroll software for six months (RRP £500)
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
How long will it take?
The course usually requires four hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50 Payroll Level 1 Certificate.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Payroll Level 2 Course, or complete a QCF Accredited Qualification.